cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5512-SSD120-K9 conversion to Firepower

mdavenport5291
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to understand what is required to convert my ASA5512-SSD120-K9 to Firepower for IPS.  I am running in an active-standby.  I currently have the following:

ASA5512-SSD120-K9

L-ASA5512-IPS-SSP (IPS Module which activated IPS on my ASA)

Smartnet SNTC 8X5XNBD

I have been unable to get automatic signature updates working.  I have been told I need to get an SU1 contract, have my product ID changed to reflect ASA5512-IPS-K9 and than have the IPS license tied to my serial numbers.  This has become a bigger project than I thought it would be.  I have been researchign that the ASA5512 can be converted to Firepower and thought this might solve my issues.  I belive I need the following but would like to get a confirmation on this

ASA5512-CTRL-LIC

L-ASA5512-TA-1Y

FS-VMW-2-SW-K9

CON-SAU-VM2

I am not sure which Smartnet Contract would be requried after this upgrade.  So any insight woudl be helpful.  Alos if this configuration is correct would I receive automatic signature updates?

2 Replies 2

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Refer this for information on Firepower license:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118396-technote-firesight-00.html

You would be able to migrate from the Legacy IPS to Sourcefire easily.

I think if you have a Cisco Support contract , check with the licensing team on the licensing related queries.

licensing@cisco.com

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That looks correct (the part numbers). The part L-ASA5512-TA-1Y gives you one year of IPS updates. You need that (and the no cost CTRL license) for each of your units in the HA pair.

The CTRL and IPS ("TA") licenses are installed onto and deployed from the FriePOWER Management Center VM. It runs on an external ESXi server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card