Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5515-X firewall Upgrade to ASA 5515-IPS-K9

sarifulcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I was purchase ASA5515-K9 (Without IPS Edition) firewall and this is run smoothly our network. But right now i want to IPS facilities. Can i have any licnese purchase and upgrade from ASA5515-K9 to ASA5515-IPS-K9 abd use IPS edition ?

Regards

Palash

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Palash

Part code I believe is

Cisco ASA 5515-X IPS Security Services Processor Software License Spare (eDelivery)

L-ASA5515-IPS-SSP=

Hope this helps.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Palash

Part code I believe is

Cisco ASA 5515-X IPS Security Services Processor Software License Spare (eDelivery)

L-ASA5515-IPS-SSP=

Hope this helps.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi Barry, Palash,

the licence to get IPS functionality is okay. But if you want tu use the IPS functionality, you need subsription for IPS updates. I am wondering, how this could be managed. I found NO IPS service code for L-ASA5515-IPS-SSP= . Does anyone knwo how to handle it?

After adding the IPS license, you would modify your 5515 Smartnet contract SKU to get the ongoing IPS support and subscription updates.

For instance, CON-SU1-A15IPS9 is the SKU that includes IPS Svc, AR NBD (SU1).

Your reseller or Cisco account manager can help you further. If they are unfamiliar with the offerings, they can contact the Partner Reseller Helpline.

Marvi, we are Cisco VAD .... therefore I am trying to find an answer. I contacted Cisco people, includin the service AMs, they are lost as well. You proposal is to modify PN from basic ASA to IPS enebled ASA on contract? How you can do so? I can contact Cisco CSCC support and ask, but this will be neverending story, they simply will not change it. SU1 SKU provided, is the SKU including SmartNet ... but we already purchased SmartNet for the basic ASA.

Pavel,

I will PM you with some partner info to assist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: