cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5516-X FTD - Unable to Change admin password

danielbarri
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to change the admin password via GUI (FDM), the "Cannot find the time zone" error message appears (see it attached). The FTD version 6.4.0.4-34

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Now the password could be changed via GUI, after the timezone was configured to the correct one i.e. (UCT+01:00) Europe/Stockholm (Instead of (UCT+02:00) Europe/Stockholm). For some reason the timezone was the summer time one, despite of we are still on winter here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you configure the device using FDM wizard? I remember it asked for timezone during the setup.

Anyhow, setup the timezone if not defined. 

You can also change the password from cli using command 'configure password'

According GUI the time zone should be defined (attached).

Is it a unique 'admin' user to both GUI and CLI?

It's a same 'admin' user to both cli and gui. 

It seems to be a problem with the timezone indeed.

The current timezone is:

(UCT+02:00) Europe/Stockholm (CEST summer time!!)

But the correct one should be:

(UCT+01:00) Europe/Stockholm.

What's the best way to change the timezone?

Will this change cause any impact on the FW traffic?

Hi,

I cant comment on it as never change it in FDM but definitely will not advice you to change it during business hours. I am not sure changing the timezone is an option from FDM ? I can see NTP can be modified and it will not impact any thing. You see the option to change under system settings ?

Now the password could be changed via GUI, after the timezone was configured to the correct one i.e. (UCT+01:00) Europe/Stockholm (Instead of (UCT+02:00) Europe/Stockholm). For some reason the timezone was the summer time one, despite of we are still on winter here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: