cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5525 Stateful failover link shows "No Link" when traffic is flowing, failover not working

Joris Syen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We got 1 pair of ASA5525 in 1 room, and another pare of (new) ASA5525 in another room.

Both pairs are configured as Active/Standby in each room (top one is active, bottom is standby).

Both are independent rooms and the rooms are not meant to be redundant for eachother.

However, the link between both rooms is required for some data, which is also working.

The thing which does not work, is to allow if 1 room has a failover of 1 ASA (the bottom ASA becomes active), that in the other room also the bottom ASA becomes active. To get this done, we assumed we could just "monitor" that interface which connect both rooms. But that did not work (No link message while active).

Now reading the documentation, we thought that there had to be a switch between both buildings and not connect these ASA's from both buildings to directly eachother. So we put a switch in between, but still it does not work.

I can ping all interfaces from both buildings, I see interface status up, still in the sh failover command it shows NO LINK on the interface, even though traffic is flowing over it and it is working! How can this be?

On the other side in the other building, we receive Link OK on both upper and lower ASA but these wires are cupper to the switch. Wires from building1 to the switch are both fiber. Could that be some incompabile fiber module (allthough the traffic flows)?

See attached picture (sorry I cannot copy paste code), if you need more info please ask.

We have been searching for this for days.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card