Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5545 FPWR to FTD License Upgrade Part Number

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Team,

Can anyone please help me suggest the license upgrade part number from ASA5545 FPWR to FTD Image. I need to quote it to one of our customer.

Secondly, please let me know how to upgrade ASA5545 IPS Subscription ASA5545 Threat Defense Subscription.

Thirdly, please confirm me the part number for Virtual Firepower Management Center that can monitor all the FTD Firewalls.

Regards,

Farhan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's not an upgrade SKU.

You need to:

a. Confirm the device inventory includes the SSD. If not, order one. part number ASA5500X-SSD120=

b. Order the necessary licenses. Exact part numbers depend on which features are desired and for how many years. for instance, ASA 5545 with one year threat defense only (no URL or Malware license) would be part number L-ASA5545T-T= for the license and L-ASA5545T-TP-1Y for the 1 year term subscription.

c. The FMC part number depends on how many devices you are managing - 2, 10 or (up to) 25. SF-VMW-2-SW-K9, SF-VMW-10-SW-K9 or SF-VMW-SW-K9 are the respective SKUs.

All the above can be found in the Ordering Guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firepower-8000-series-appliances/guide-c07-737902.html

(partner access required)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's not an upgrade SKU.

You need to:

a. Confirm the device inventory includes the SSD. If not, order one. part number ASA5500X-SSD120=

b. Order the necessary licenses. Exact part numbers depend on which features are desired and for how many years. for instance, ASA 5545 with one year threat defense only (no URL or Malware license) would be part number L-ASA5545T-T= for the license and L-ASA5545T-TP-1Y for the 1 year term subscription.

c. The FMC part number depends on how many devices you are managing - 2, 10 or (up to) 25. SF-VMW-2-SW-K9, SF-VMW-10-SW-K9 or SF-VMW-SW-K9 are the respective SKUs.

All the above can be found in the Ordering Guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firepower-8000-series-appliances/guide-c07-737902.html

(partner access required)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card