Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5550-ASDM Error

ASA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm getting an error "Unable to launch device manager from x.x.x.x" when trying to access ASA 5550 via ASDM.

ASDM Version - 7.2(1)
ASA version - 8.4(7)

Java 7 Update 21 version - 7.0.210

When checked the device, it is a 64bit windows machine. Able to access via other machine which is of 32bit. Hence suspecting issue with Java.

Can some one help pls..

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In the Java Control panel, try adding the ASA as a trusted host and also download and install the ASA identity certificate into Java's trusted certificate store..

Hi Marvin Rhoads,

Thanks for the reply...

I'm new to ASA. Can you please tell me how to do that..

And also confirm me whether the error is coming because of Java 64bit which is installed in the system. Have seen a Bug(CSCtb86774) for the issue but its is fixed in below version :

6.2(2.51)
6.3(0.74)

but my device is running with 8.4(7)

Can you help pls..

Browse to the ASA using your web browser and download the ASA's SSL certificate using the browser tools.

Then go to Windows control Panel and open the Java control panel applet. Under the security tab add the ASA (https://<address>) and the certificate you just downloaded.

Hi Marvin Rhoads,

Thanks for the reply...

Can you please tell me how to download the ASA's SSL certificate using the browser tools.

I am able to access ASA device via chrome and Mozilla but not able to access via Internet Explorer web browser...

On Chrome, click on the lock icon to the left of the url in the browser toolbar. Click the "connection" tab then "certificate information". On the details tab, click "copy to file".

That certificate saved in a file is what you add to Java's trusted certificate store.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: