cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5585 HDD

Pete Cowen
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am responding to a tender where the client is asking for the firewall to support an onboard disk drive for logging purposes, which is a minimum of 500 GB in size.

The other requirements all point towards the top of the range ASA 5585-X Chas w/SSP60,IPS SSP60,12GE, 8 SFP+,2 AC,3DES/AES.

I note the 5585 when configured on DCT comes with HDD blanking plates, is there an HDD supported on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

ASA 5585-X model does indeed have HD slots, but as with the USBs on Cisco networking devices (atleast last time i chekced) they're currently useless.

The actual ASA 5585-X documentation says the following

"Hard-disk drives are not supported at this time. The hard-disk drive bays are empty."

I guess they are there for some possible future update.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

ASA 5585-X model does indeed have HD slots, but as with the USBs on Cisco networking devices (atleast last time i chekced) they're currently useless.

The actual ASA 5585-X documentation says the following

"Hard-disk drives are not supported at this time. The hard-disk drive bays are empty."

I guess they are there for some possible future update.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card