Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5585-X URL Filter License Problem

yunuskoc18
Beginner
Beginner

Hi everyone,

This is the first case on this platform. I hope it will be the last one for about problems.

I have 5585-X with cluster and I have one IPS8140 Appliance. So also I have installed the firepower management center. Base version is 6.0.0 on all devices.

So I have added the IPS license to my devices it looks in GUI as control + protection and in the device section. I have checked boxes in device menu.

But I coud not make the same thing for my ASA5585 URL FILTER device. Should I have to add a CONTROL license for this.

So my license names as FP8140-CTRL-LIC and L-ASA5585-40-URL=

What should I do for my URL Filter license ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Team,

For managing the device you need a minimum of Protection and Control license. 

If you dont have a control license yet , you can directly contact the Cisco Global Licensing team since they handles the licensing part.

• Licensing : +1 919-574-1701

Kindly rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yunuskoc18
Beginner
Beginner

As I saw I should add a CONTROL license for this future but In my PAK it does not include. So I have sent an email for TAC support engineers. 

Hello Team,

For managing the device you need a minimum of Protection and Control license. 

If you dont have a control license yet , you can directly contact the Cisco Global Licensing team since they handles the licensing part.

• Licensing : +1 919-574-1701

Kindly rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy

Pujita Patni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I looked at the screenshot that you have provided and see that you have the URL Filtering License installed for the ASA device on the FMC.

When you go to the device configuration and try to use the added license, you will see the boxes greyed out. The reason for that is, not having the control license added.

Once you add the Protect and Control License, you will be able to use all these on the ASA device.

The URL Filtering License is an advances License that needs the Control License.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118396-technote-firesight-00.html

Thanks,

Pujita

Rate and mark as answered if it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: