cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv 9.12(4)4 in Azure Cant change management-only for through traffic ver

microensure
Level 1
Level 1

e are sufferring to setup Network Interface of our newly launched ASAv on Azure environment. By default Managment interface took Public IP Address. But while trying to deselect "Dedicate this interface to management only" its not working. Its again getting checked after I applied the settings in ASDM. I have also tried to change the settings from CLI also like this way - 

interface management0/0
no management-only
write memory

But after that when I refreshed ASDM and checked, its still selected.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any specific settings I need to change on Azure or Cisco ASAv side? Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I am new on Cisco ASAv. 

2 Replies 2

@microensure 

That's by design, for edge firewall configurations, the Management interface is also used as the “outside” interface. In Azure, the first defined interface, which is always the Management interface, is the only interface that can have an Azure public IP address associated with it. Because of this, the ASAv in Azure allows though-data traffic on the Management interface.

microensure
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, how to configure management interface to act as management and outside interface at the same time in Cisco ASAv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card