Level 1

Hi, I did set up ASAv 9.9.2 on eve-ng and Rest API agent is enabled
ciscoasa# sh run | in rest
rest-api image disk0:/asa-restapi-132200-lfbff-k8.SPA
rest-api agent
ciscoasa#

ciscoasa# show ver

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.9(2)66
Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.3(1.178)
Device Manager Version 7.9(2)
REST API Agent Version 1.3.2.200

Compiled on Wed 12-Feb-20 18:56 PST by builders
System image file is "boot:/asa992-66-smp-k8.bin"
Config file at boot was "startup-config"

ciscoasa up 25 mins 39 secs

Hardware: ASAv, 2048 MB RAM, CPU Xeon E5 series 2304 MHz,
Model Id: ASAv10
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 8192MB
Slot 1: ATA Compact Flash, 8192MB
BIOS Flash Firmware Hub @ 0x0, 0KB

As per document the versions are correct and they should work

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#id_65991

Screenshot 2022-02-27 005816.pngScreenshot 2022-02-27 010049.pngScreenshot 2022-02-27 010117.png

And it fails here, tried complete reconfigure etc. what am I missing ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your 'show ver' does look like it was recognized, however the quick start guide suggests that you need to install the image from the boot partition on the ASAv before issuing the 'rest-api agent' command. It may be a permissions issue running it from that directory on flash.

With a virtual ASA (ASAv), the REST API image must be downloaded to the “boot:” partition. You must then issue the “rest-api image” command, followed by the “rest-api agent” command, to access and enable the REST API Agent.

I do agree that your versioning (9.9(x) and 1.3(x) should work according to the compatibility table.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

a.siraj28
Level 1
Level 1

Working on ASA after many years !

ciscoasa# sh run | in aaa
aaa authentication http console LOCAL
aaa authorization command LOCAL
aaa authentication login-history
ciscoasa#

ciscoasa# sh run | in admin
username admin password $sha512$5000$4/Ck/3R4cVcSibc7LySTtA==$xPH9mABaFK4+g4vyt/3fqg== pbkdf2 privilege 15
ciscoasa#

Your 'show ver' does look like it was recognized, however the quick start guide suggests that you need to install the image from the boot partition on the ASAv before issuing the 'rest-api agent' command. It may be a permissions issue running it from that directory on flash.

With a virtual ASA (ASAv), the REST API image must be downloaded to the “boot:” partition. You must then issue the “rest-api image” command, followed by the “rest-api agent” command, to access and enable the REST API Agent.

I do agree that your versioning (9.9(x) and 1.3(x) should work according to the compatibility table.