cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 7.13.1 and ASA 5525-X 9.8.2.20 doesn't work

ida71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a bunch of 5525-x running 9.8.2.20 and starting to upgrade them, the first thing I do is update the ASDM version & check it works.  So when I enable ASDM 7.13.1 as the current image, it works, says it needs to upgrade the launcher on my PC & when after some faf that was sorted, it spins up to the downloading popup, then stalls around 16-20% which says determining device type, then loading monitor info then skips to 100%, fails & pops up a wait for system info to download, then pops up an error screen over that & fails.

Same procedure on a 5545-X running 9.8.4 works fine ! 

Any ideas ? 

I've tried increasing the heap size as that shows up as a fail in the ASDM log, but with smaller heap settings it works fine on the 5545, so I assume its a bug of some description.

Cisco claim the ASDM is backwards compatible with all previous IOS versions & in the past this has always proved to be true.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ida71
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry found edit, now corrected to read ASDM 7.13.1 in the body text.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card