cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 7.8 CA Certificate & Associated Trustpoints

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I had to request a new certificate package from our provider to reinstall the Identity certificate. I thought it would be best to load the CA certificate that came along with the package and when I did, it it successfully added it but it shows the certificate installed with (2) Trustpoints. Trustpoint0 and Trustpoint3.

My question is how can I remove the earlier Trustpoint0? Is there a way to do this, or does it not matter?

Thank you,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not going to create a problem, you can leave it as is if you wanted. I assume that the same CA issued your old Certs as well. They might have been installed in Trustpoint 0 before, but now also installed inside Trustpoint3 with the new import. My recommendation would be remove the old trustpoints if the cert has expired and not in use. See steps below:

asa(config)# no crypto ca trustpoint ASDM_TrustPoint0
WARNING: Removing an enrolled trustpoint will destroy all 
certificates received from the related Certificate Authority.

Are you sure you want to do this? [yes/no]: yes
INFO: Be sure to ask the CA administrator to revoke your certificates.
homelab-asa(config)# 

View solution in original post

I will just leave it as it is to avoid anymore issues since it's not causing any problems.

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not going to create a problem, you can leave it as is if you wanted. I assume that the same CA issued your old Certs as well. They might have been installed in Trustpoint 0 before, but now also installed inside Trustpoint3 with the new import. My recommendation would be remove the old trustpoints if the cert has expired and not in use. See steps below:

asa(config)# no crypto ca trustpoint ASDM_TrustPoint0
WARNING: Removing an enrolled trustpoint will destroy all 
certificates received from the related Certificate Authority.

Are you sure you want to do this? [yes/no]: yes
INFO: Be sure to ask the CA administrator to revoke your certificates.
homelab-asa(config)# 

I will just leave it as it is to avoid anymore issues since it's not causing any problems.

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card