cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ASDM "this app can't run on your PC" - Windows 10

I am getting this error when trying to launch ASDM.   New install of Windows 10 Professional.  I have been running this successfully on other Windows 10 PCs.  Has anyone seen this and know the fix?

89 REPLIES 89
Highlighted

Cool, happy to know it work for you

Highlighted

It does not work still.

Highlighted

Yes, I'm not able to run the app. It hangs and timeout.

Highlighted

What version are you using?
Highlighted

I'm running the following version:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(7)29
Device Manager Version 7.9(2)152

Highlighted

[cid:image001.png@01D55CDF.B316B590]
Make sure you have the setting correct as in the screen shot. Also, try to run as Administrator.
Highlighted

did it worked?

Highlighted

Highlighted

I just put a shortcut to the asdm-launcher.jar from the ASDM directory and the ASDM came right up for me. Left it as a shortcut on my desktop.

Highlighted

Thanks Scott
Highlighted

worked for me. Thanks.
Highlighted

I'm not able to follow the solution.  Can someone please clarify the steps with more details?  After going to the file location, there are 6 different files there, so I'm not sure which one to click properties on.  Is it the one that says wscript.exe?  

Then after clicking properties, I don't understand how to make the suggested change. It's unclear. The only thing that can be edited it seem is the file name wscript.exe, but I couldn't enter a path in that box.  So how do I edit the path?

Also it's a bit confusing about what is meant by changing the path but also leaving part of the path in?  Can someone clarify what exactly I'm supposed to enter as the path, verbatum?

Highlighted

Thank you

This worked for me. 

I was struggling with this for a while. It was driving me nuts.

Highlighted

Great Jorge!! Have a good week!

Highlighted

I think I claimed victory too soon.
This fix worked on my personal laptop, but not on my work laptop (where I really need it to work)
Just throwing it out there in case you seen this too, but here's where I'm at
Both are running Windows 10
Java version on personal laptop is 231
Java version on work laptop is 8u221+6u221
On my work laptop, I logon to asdm, I get the banner message, I hit OK, then everything disappears and ASDM never launches.
I greatly appreciate it if you ever ran into this problem and can point me in right direction.

Regards,

Jorge
Content for Community-Ad