cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM "this app can't run on your PC" - Windows 10

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this error when trying to launch ASDM.   New install of Windows 10 Professional.  I have been running this successfully on other Windows 10 PCs.  Has anyone seen this and know the fix?

153 Replies 153

Thank you

This worked for me. 

I was struggling with this for a while. It was driving me nuts.

Great Jorge!! Have a good week!

I think I claimed victory too soon.
This fix worked on my personal laptop, but not on my work laptop (where I really need it to work)
Just throwing it out there in case you seen this too, but here's where I'm at
Both are running Windows 10
Java version on personal laptop is 231
Java version on work laptop is 8u221+6u221
On my work laptop, I logon to asdm, I get the banner message, I hit OK, then everything disappears and ASDM never launches.
I greatly appreciate it if you ever ran into this problem and can point me in right direction.

Regards,

Jorge

Hi Jorge,
If ASDM logon prompt appears then it's not an issue with the shortcut as this post is about - it's more likely an issue with your version of Java on the work laptop or you need to reinstall the ASDM launcher as it's pointing to the wrong Java version (or something like that).
I would start with updating Java on your work laptop, then reinstall ASDM launcher, check the shortcut path and see if things work then.
-Scott

Had the same issue followed the work around and I'm able to access ASDM from my Laptop. Thank you.

Thanks. It works well for me.

Thank You ! Very Helpful

I’m happy the post helped you out

Hello ,

the solution works for me as well.

Thanks for the tips.

I’m glad it helped

Thank you for the solution to the issue.

I wonder why Cisco have not update their installer despite issue being known for more than a year now.

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for saving the day!! 

very helpful, solved my problem

Thank you.

Great Solution Scott, Thank you very much for your help and time

Now my ASDM is working without issues

Many thanks for this!!  Had two identical Windows 10 PC's on the same version of Windows.  Couldn't figure this out.  All good now with your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card