cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM to set "access-group <acl-name> global"

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

We are using the global ACL for access rules setup.  I can see the above syntax in my config text (from the CLI) but I cannot for the life of me find how to change that in ASDM.  Maybe there is not a way to change it in ASDM but if there is could someone tell me where to find it?  Using ASDM 7.1(2) right now.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Go to Configuration -> Firewall -> Access Rules. At the end of the ACL-list you find the "Global" Acl that you can modify there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

further adding to karsten's post, to edit access rules just do a right-click on the 'global' rule and select edit.

note that the interface drop-down selection should be set to 'any.'

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

Actually what I need to know is how to change which ACL is set to global, from ASDM. Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

What I need is how to change WHICH ACL is assigned as global. Thanks.

right-click on the global ACL and then you can change the name there. Instead of changing the name you can just observe the acl-name.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

No, sorry, I don't want to rename the ACL. I want to specify a different, already coded ACL to REPLACE the current ACL as the global rule ACL. I.e., if the current statement is

access-group ABC global

I want to make it

access-group XYZ global

Thanks.

Did I mention to select 'Any' interface in ASDM?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

sorry, I'm not aware of any way to do that in ASDM.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card