Views
Helpful
Replies

auto send report with email

zaferberber
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

i scheduled report and it generates automaticly. how can i send it automaticly with email

zafer

6 Replies 6

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the below settings and configure scheduling on your reports and you can receive it via email.

Configure your email settings here:

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Aastha

it is setting for email notification, i ask how can i send scheduled report via email (not manuel)

Hi,

Sorry i missed that part.

Step 1 Select Overview > Reporting.

Step 2 Select the Report Templates tab.

The Report Templates page appears.

Step 3 Click the generate report icon () for the template you want to generate from.

The Generate Report pop-up window appears.

Step 4 Expand the Email section of the window.

Step 5 In the Email Options field, select Send Email.

Step 6 In the Recipient List, CC, and BCC fields, type recipients’ email addresses in comma-separated lists.

Step 7 In the Subject field, type a subject for your email.

Refer link :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firesight/541/user-guide/FireSIGHT-System-UserGuide-v5401/Reports.html#11499

Regards,

Aastha

Rate if that helps!!!

Hi

i use this method and it send email when i click generate button.i want sent it weekly

it seems SF does not send automatically

zafer

Hi,

In that case you need to schedule the task so that it can generate automated reports.

Step 1 Select System > Tools > Scheduling.

The schedule calendar page for the current month appears.

Step 2 Click Add Task.

The New Task page appears.

Step 3 From the Job Type list, select Report.

The page reloads to show the options for setting up a report to run automatically.

Step 4 Specify how you want to schedule the task, Once or Recurring :

For one-time tasks, use the drop-down lists to specify the start date and time. The Current Time field indicates the current time on the Defense Center.
        For recurring tasks, you have several options for setting the interval between instances of the task. See Configuring a Recurring Task for details.

Step 5 In the Job Name field, type a name using up to 255 alphanumeric characters, spaces, or dashes.

Step 6 In the Report Template field, select the report template that you want to use from the drop-down list.

If your scheduling works fine. You will definately get emails with reports.

Refer : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firesight/541/user-guide/FireSIGHT-System-UserGuide-v5401/Scheduling-Tasks.html#20497

Regards,

Aastha

Rate if it helps!!!

Just in case anyone has the same problem.

I had to do the following:

1. Copy one of the default existing report templates to my own custom template

2. Generate it with send e-mail option (address, subject etc. configured).

3. Schedule the report with the custom template I created.

When I was doing scheduling with any of the default report templates, FireSight wasn't sending me a PDF attached. Going back to Generate Report page I saw "do not send e-mail" checkbox checked, even though I previously checked the "send e-mail" one. With my custom report template I didn't have this problem.

Tested in FireSight ver. 5.3.1.3 (build 12). 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card