Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup solution for FTD instances on Firepower and FTDv

mahender.bisht1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for backup solution for FTD instance on Firepower device. we are deploying 2 instance of FTD on Firepower device. We are also deploying FTDv in our environment. We are using FMCv on KVM to manage these FTD devices.

FMCv doesn't support the local backup of FTD instances and  FTDv on KVM as per FMC documentation. I can’t find any documentation on Cisco Portal on How to take a local backup of in this scenario. 

I know about the solution where, we have to restore interface and Route n FTD. Then FMCv can restore the configuration. I am looking for local backup for FTD instance and FTDv. Does FTD instances Support local Backup?

2 Replies 2

Backup of instances is supported as of 6.7

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 00.16.50.png

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

@Marius Gunnerud container instances is refetring to multi-instance on 4100 and 9300 series. FTDv on KVM wold not be a container.

@mahender.bisht1 there's no native way to backup from the FTDv itself - only the FMC-based backup which requires you to redeploy and bootstrap the FTDv instance to get started, as you alluded to. You could do a backup outside of the Cisco system using tools in your virtualization / systems management space.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card