Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Can I apply more than one crypto map name to the same outside interface? I need to define different crypto maps on a central site firewall for two different remote sites and apply both of them to the central site's outside interface. For instance:c...

I don't know if this can be done or not. But is there a way, or an ACL statement that will prevent hosts on the dmz from talking to other hosts on the same dmz? For example if my dmz is 555.555.0.0, I don't want it to talk to another 555.555.0.0 de...

ty.masse by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem.I have 8 ip addresses on the outside of my PIX.I want to use the first ip address for the global statement and the 2nd for a static translation.I want all computers to use the global address but my server should use only the 2nd ip a...

licenties by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I look after a small company network and they have just added Broadband Satellite...hence the need for the 501.My question is fairly simplistic, but one which I am unable to resolve, Ok the network is already established…DHCP, DNS (Scope 10.10.10.1-1...

leadbelly by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear CIscoer,global (outside) 1 202.160.2.xxxnat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0But when I try to connect to internet the PIX do not NAT the client IP address. But when I do a ping the PIX will NAT the client interface but still cannot touch the targe...

j.hato by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had a pretty wierd thing happen to me today that hopefully somebody here can shed some light on. I have a PIX 515 running software version 6.3(1). This morning I added an ethernet card to it, making it the DMZ style interface. When I enabled the...

I’m not familiar with the PIX firewall, but a very good client of mine has a PIX 515e firewall which is controlled by her headquarter's IT staff. They have a 3COM (sorry, it’s old) router routing between two networks. On the one subnet is the PIX fir...

jeff by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

--begin ciscomoderator note-- The following post has been edited to remove potentially confidential information. Please refrain from posting confidential information on the site to reduce security risks to your network. -- end ciscomoderator note -- ...

gordons by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PIX 5156.2(2)Need help opening ports for video conf equip.Here are the instructions provided with the video equip with my comments indicated by ***:1. On the Firewall, open up: TCP ports 1720, 3230-3231; UDP ports 3230-3235***TCP port 1720 is already...

Hello I am using pix 515 version 6.2. Going through 'static' command, I understood that, alias command is no more required to do DNATing, rather same can be done with word 'dns' in static command. So, I removed all alises and did this as followi...

ejaj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a web and DNS server inside the interface of my Cisco Pix Firewall. Both servers were map to an outside public address. Outside users could able to access our web server both via the domain-name and its equivalent ip address, but my inside use...

jmps7 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I tried taking a PIX 501 config, and installing it on a 506E, this did not work. I could not pass traffic in or out of the PIX (translation did not work). Should this be that case? The config works fine on the 501. Below is the config.Thanksnamei...

haigb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card