Views
Helpful
Replies

Best/safest way to deconfigure zone-based firewall

ken.vance
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a Cisco 1941 running IOS 15.5M and the Zone Based Firewall with inspect rules.

I need to de-configure zone-based firewall completely off the router.

Unfortunately I have only remote connectivity.

What is the best way to do this?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have not been able to find any documentation that says the platform inspect disable-all command is supported on the IOS15.5M.

However, by default all traffic to the router itself is allowed.  So, if you do not have any policies that go to the "self" zone, you should not lose connectivity.

If you do have policies that go to the self zone, then I would suggest leaving those for last, before you remove them set a reload in 6 so that if you do lose connectivity the router will reload and your changes will be set back and you wont have to go onsite or have someone go onsite for console access.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ken.vance
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just to clarify, I notice in IOS-XE there is the command 'platform inspect disable-all 'command

Is there the equivalent in IOS 15.5M?

After removing ACLs from interfaces, is there a better way if it doesn't exist?

I have not been able to find any documentation that says the platform inspect disable-all command is supported on the IOS15.5M.

However, by default all traffic to the router itself is allowed.  So, if you do not have any policies that go to the "self" zone, you should not lose connectivity.

If you do have policies that go to the self zone, then I would suggest leaving those for last, before you remove them set a reload in 6 so that if you do lose connectivity the router will reload and your changes will be set back and you wont have to go onsite or have someone go onsite for console access.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card