Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to restore config on standby ASA 5515x

eddie.sardinha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

What is the best way to restore a config that I backed up using TFTP on a standby ASA 5515x, both models are the same.  I just want to have the config on the standby ASA in the event of a failure?    I know there are USB ports on the back of the ASA, could i just plug in a USB with the backup file and restore and if so how?

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - as long as it is formatted FAT-32.

The ASA will see it as disk1 when inserted. disk0 is the internal comapct flash.

Just copy the config from disk1/<filename> to disk0:/startup-config

You could also just connect them in an HA pair and keep the failover near realtime.

View solution in original post

You could put the Ethernet from the WAN into a switch and make a small L2 VLAN with just that connection plus the two ASAs' outsdide interfaces.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - as long as it is formatted FAT-32.

The ASA will see it as disk1 when inserted. disk0 is the internal comapct flash.

Just copy the config from disk1/<filename> to disk0:/startup-config

You could also just connect them in an HA pair and keep the failover near realtime.

great!  I was looking at HA but I don't have multiple circuits.  Could I do HA and then if it fails just unplug the  WAN from ASA1 and plug it into ASA2?  I think that would defeat the purpose but just asking.

You could put the Ethernet from the WAN into a switch and make a small L2 VLAN with just that connection plus the two ASAs' outsdide interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card