Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block Teamviewer in ASA 8.4(2)

I really need to know a way to block teamviewer through asa. Knowing that teamviewer uses https port.

4 Replies 4

Kimberly Adams
Level 3
Level 3

According to the information I could find about this product, it makes an initial connection to the servers at teamviewer.com before the user can do anything else.  I would start by putting in an access-list blocking the site.

Server:          69.56.222.10

Address:     69.56.222.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:

Name:     teamviewer.com

Address: 46.163.100.220

I found this information on IPTools.com for DNS resolver for the url.  You can do this a little esier if you had a websense server for content filtering, but I know they are a little spendy.

Let me know if this helps.

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

thanks Kimberly for your answering, but is it possible to do it through using regular expression (regex) to close the teamviewer ?

I am not sure about doing this with REGEX, that is something that I don't know much about.  Worth a test to deny it on the firewall.  Do you have any content filtering products for filtering out the internet?  If you do, that would be the place to start, but if you don't then through GPO you can have the client uninstalled from the workstations or start restricting the user's administrative rights on their workstations.

Just offering other options for getting this done.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

I have configured CXSC on ASA5515-X.

I need reverse situation. My Teamviewer and Ammyy Admin is not working.

Can you help me how I can allow it, because its coming under uncategorize application and illigeal URl content.

Regards,

Ninad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card