cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking network connections from Windows 7 PCs

ethutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

My organization has two Cisco FTD 1140s managed by an FMC. Both are running version 7.0.4. Is there anyway possible to block Windows 7 PCs that are connected to my inside interface from connecting to the internet?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

YES / NO

YES if you know the User has fixed IP and user login to network any user identity

NO  - if you do know the PC IP address and user coming from known user ID ?

or you looking if the Operating system is Windows 7 ? you would like to block it?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the quick reply balaji. Can you elaborate or get me started looking in a direction as far as commands go?

not sure i have got an answer from you : 

you looking if the Operating system is Windows 7 ? you would like to block it?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

With only the FTD you  will not be able to block devices based on operating system information.  You would need to implement an identity access management system, like ISE, to be able to do this.

You can, however, integrate the FTD with Active Directory or LDAP and deny access based on user info. So if you know a specific user has a windows 7 machine, you could deny that person reaching the internet.  But in this case you would also be denying this person access to internet from all machines they log onto with that username.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

https://rayka-co.com/lesson/cisco-ftd-network-discovery-policy/
as I know you have network discovery policy, check this solution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkNT9FHcTZE

video show you how FTD can detect OS of host 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card