cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk import objects FMC 6.4

ISEduo
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I have about few hundred FQDN objects. Which I have create on FMC. Is there any public script which can be used against FMC API to create them automatically?

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the Cisco Firepower Migration Tool and only select objects (vs. objects, ACLs and NAT rules) when you get to the import step.

thanks. I presume the migration tool requires ASA object syntax in order to import the config. Can this also be done if have 100 lines of IP address or FQDN´s which I want to import into FMC?

Yes, the FMT requires ASA syntax. It's not hard to create that out of a raw text file though.

What's your reason for wanting the FQDNs to be imported into FMC? Depending on what it is, there might be easier ways.

Its a new servers which has not exists on the firewall before. So I have 100 FQDN´s which should be created as objects and then object group. I want use this group in my ACP.

Do you have any hints on this one?

"Yes, the FMT requires ASA syntax. It's not hard to create that out of a raw text file though."

You have a list of FQDNs. An ASA FQDN object looks like this (using www.cisco.com as an example FQDN):

object network www.cisco.com
  fqdn www.cisco.com

Take your list and process it though a script that wraps your FQDNs with the "object network obj-<fqdn>" and "fqdn <fqdn>" elements. You could probably even do it with an Excel macro or Notepad++ advanced search and replace.

Yes, but I though you already had a script to do that. I am not a programmer.

Shubham Bharti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Old Post but wanted to provide the solution if anyone else is looking for it. You can use the script provided in the link below :

https://github.com/shubhambharti89/FMCAPI/tree/master/URL-Obj

It has a CSV file with the format in which it needs the FQDN to be in. Once you have moved your FQDN to the CSV file - run the script with "python url-bulkpush.py"

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card