cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I have both IPS and Content security on ASA5510?

Echo Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert

We want to have a ASA5510 with both IPS function and Content Security feature, while I checked on Cisco website, looks like ASA5510 or 5520 only have one SSM slot, so I can only use either AIP module or CSC module, does it mean I can not get both features at the same time.

Right now I want to have IPS function and anti-spam, anti-virus, antiphishing, content filtering, URL blocking such feature, so what do I need to buy to have all of these function in one device?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Echo Chan .

You can go with CSC module for your requirement , most of your requirement could be satisified by CSC module except IPS functionality

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_qas0900aecd8040397e_ps9774_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

The Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM is an add-on services module for Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances. It delivers industry-leading threat protection and content control at the Internet edge, providing comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering services.

HTH

Thks

Santhosh Sarav

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan

Hi Expert,

Does the new ASA X series range of firewall support IPS, AV, Anti-Spam and Anti-Bot in one appliance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: