Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't make MSI version of VPN Client to copy .ini/.pcf files upon install

arshir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I created vpnclient.ini and connection.pcf files as described in "Preconfiguring the VPN Client for Remote Users" document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008015cfdc.html#1118009

I have it working with the InstallShield version of the VPN Client package - both files are being copied into proper locations upon installation.

With the MSI client package, however, the files are not being copied at all.

Anybody knows if MSI package supports pre-configured config files at all ? If yes, is there a special location that they should be placed to ? Placing them in the same folder as vpnclient_setup.msi does not work.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Hi

I have the same problem, thew vpnclient.ini file is not copied into the program directory from the installation package.

Tested versions

MSI install VPN Client version 4.6.00.0049

MSI install VPN Client version 4.6.01.0019

Anyone? is there a diffrent way in configuring the MSI installtion package to solve this ?

/Best Regards Stefan

Hi

Did a quick workaround.

Seems like the non MCI still works.

Made a package out of

vpnclient-win-is-4.6.01.0019-k9.exe

Then the custom vpnclient.ini file was installed correctly.

Problem still remains on the latest MCI releases.

/Brgds Stefan

stevedziama
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem as well using:

vpnclient-win-msi-4.6.00.0049-k9

and

vpnclient-win-msi-4.6.02.0011-k9

I need a custom vpnclient.ini and custom PCF file to be copied to the install folder like the InstallShield version of the VPN client does.

I've followed numerous documents, such as this below, as well as a few others with older dates, and have tried using Orca and OemSample1.mst from sample-win-msi-MST4.0.zip but thing works. There has to be a way of doing this with the MSI version... has anyone figured it out?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a008022f999.shtml

I to am having this same issue. I have a TAC case open, but I am not getting anywhere fast. I'll let everyone know if I find anything out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card