cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the Firepower 4100 management port be used for both chassi manager and FTD management?

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Regarding the 4100 firepower appliances – the management port that are used to access the chassi manager web interface, can this port be used to manage the Firepower Threat Defence software as well or is it required to use a separate port for FTD management?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jorgen,

Sharing the oob interface between FX-OS (Chassis) and security modules is not possible. I have experienced the same limitation using 9300 chassis. In case of FTD you have to burn a physical interface for management/eventing since you need to connect FMC with FTD using the mgmt interface.

I hope that this will change in the future but I think it is related to a hardware limitation since the internal fabric switch used for the security modules is seperated from the internal switch used for the management port. (see attached screenshot from Cisco Live session on 9300 chassis)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jorgen,

Sharing the oob interface between FX-OS (Chassis) and security modules is not possible. I have experienced the same limitation using 9300 chassis. In case of FTD you have to burn a physical interface for management/eventing since you need to connect FMC with FTD using the mgmt interface.

I hope that this will change in the future but I think it is related to a hardware limitation since the internal fabric switch used for the security modules is seperated from the internal switch used for the management port. (see attached screenshot from Cisco Live session on 9300 chassis)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: