Views
Helpful
Replies

cant access asa 5506-x with ASDM after upgrade

Martyw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have upgraded the rommon, asa image and asdm image on my asa5506-x and not i cant access the device using the ASDM. It asks for the ip username etc, i enter them and it proceeds to load the software then once its loaded the software it says its complete and then just sits there and will not load the main window, it all worked before the upgrade.

config is factory default at present but its attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That could well be the issue, I did upload version 7.9 but I must of not set the boot command for it correctly, I will check it out tonight

As for the firepower, that was my next stage once I get the asdm working, but that looks scary and lots of steps but need to do it

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you upgradef the asdm (stored in flash) as well? What version of asa is this and what version asdm has it got? Also have you tried different browsers ( i know)?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

"boot system disk0:/asa992-lfbff-k8.SPA"

"asdm image disk0:/asdm-761.bin"

Your asdm is pretty old for the asa software running on the box. You need to upgrade the asdm to 79(2). The compatibility matrix can be found at the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#id_59423

Are you using the firepower module? The firepower software version is also a bit old for the asa software. You need to upgrade that firepower 6.2. The upgrade to 6.2 will have to be done in stages.

You can get the upgrade path at the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/relnotes/Firepower_System_Release_Notes_Version_620/important_update_notes.html#id_38002

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

That could well be the issue, I did upload version 7.9 but I must of not set the boot command for it correctly, I will check it out tonight

As for the firepower, that was my next stage once I get the asdm working, but that looks scary and lots of steps but need to do it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card