cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9300 Fuji 16.9.3: Time drift after setting manually Date & Time and clock precision

rf2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a system which needs to configure the date & time of a Cisco Catalyst 9300 Switch.

We cannot use NTP protocol to do so. Therefore, this configuration needs to be performed automatically by the system thanks to ssh connection.

I was wondering what was the precision of the clock inside the Cisco Catalyst 9300 and how long it can keep this precision.

This will help me defining the period upon which the system will reset the date & time of the Switch.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Raphaël

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco appliance are not authoritative NTP servers.  

For <US$100, one can knock up an authoritative Stratum-1 NTP server using a Raspberry Pi and can be installed in a DMZ network.

Sure, but this is not my project constraints.

I need to know the accuracy of the internal clock and how long it can keep this accuracy; so I can update regularly the date&time of my Switch, thanks to an automated system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: