Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardcode a Cisco AnyConnect Profile drop-down option

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

i configured an ASA FW for anyconnect RA VPN with two VPN policies/profile: a group policy (and a tunnel-group) for FULL TUNNEL and another for SPLIT TUNNEL.

how do i "hardcode" to consistently display the FULL TUNNEL group/profile on the anyconnect pop-up/drop down option (when you login for username/password)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They are alphabetical top down.

The last used profile is stored locally on the client machine automatically. It can only be removed by deleting the client side file (and it will be recreated next time a connection is made so it's not very useful to delete it).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can create single tunnel group and multiple group policy (for split tunnel and tunnel all) so that there will be only one tunnel displayed on Anyconnect or you can create groupurl's also.  

HTH

Abheesh

hi abheesh,

thanks for your feedback! we need both FULL TUNNEL and SPLIT TUNNEL anyconnect option to be displayed for the users to choose from.

we just want the FULL TUNNEL to be consistently displayed as the first option. is there such option/command on the ASA?

it seem my issue was corrected by just re-configuring the split tunnel profile with no all caps.

i initially configured the tunnel-group profile (and alias) with text in ALL CAPS and it consistently showed as the first option in the anyconnect login pop-up.

Hope your issue was solved.

When I need to do this I simply prepend the tunnel-group names with a number. The dropdown list sorts numbers first. Something like:

1- FullTunnel

2 - SplitTunnel

hi marvin,

thanks for your feedback! is the tunnel-group (anyconnect profile) displayed alphabetically (top-down) or in the config order, i.e. the first policy configured is displayed first/on top on the drop down option.

also, i noticed the profile is "remembered" whenever re-login. how can i disable this? is it on the ASA or on client machine?

They are alphabetical top down.

The last used profile is stored locally on the client machine automatically. It can only be removed by deleting the client side file (and it will be recreated next time a connection is made so it's not very useful to delete it).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card