Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 - 2 PPPoE connection

Antoniotorres1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please I would be very pleased if someone could give me a hand in this matter.

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 9.0(2), 2 dial-up connection (ADSL) with fix IP from the same ISP. I have 2 Linksys router (each dial-up has a router) as well. Both Linksys are connected directly to ASA configured in bridge mode.

I set up one dial-up on interface called “outside” with PPPoE configuration which is, in fact, up and running. I’m able to get my fix public IP.

My problem come from when I try to set up the second dial-up on interface called “outside-other”. I configure properly all PPPoE parameters however I’m not able to get my second fix public IP. Somehow, it’s not able to establish a connection with the ISP. (PPPoE session has not been established yet)

This could be useful information: the PPPoE Username is the same in both dial-up connection (given by my ISP).

I hope someone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Apologies for my lack of awareness.

Antonio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I never used two ISPs with the same PPPoE-user, but with different users it works. I would approach the problem the following way:

1) Upgrade to v9.0.3

2) Are you using two different VPDN-groups for the two connections? If not, I would try that first.

3) Does the second connection work if the first connection is shut down?

4) Swap the two DSL-modems. Does it work then?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Security - firewalling". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

I never used two ISPs with the same PPPoE-user, but with different users it works. I would approach the problem the following way:

1) Upgrade to v9.0.3

2) Are you using two different VPDN-groups for the two connections? If not, I would try that first.

3) Does the second connection work if the first connection is shut down?

4) Swap the two DSL-modems. Does it work then?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Hi,

This is my schema:

connection A ( interface outside) --> DSL --> Router Linksys mode bridge --> Cisco ASA , up and running with IP fix.

connection B ( interface outside-other) --> DSL --> Router Linksys mode bridge --> Cisco ASA, down : Status PADR_SENT

I tried to use two different VPDN_groups for the two connections A and B. However, B is still not working. Just one of them is able to get IP from ISP, connection A.

When I set up the Linksys router (connection B) in PPPoE, the connection works and get an IP fix from ISP.

What I want to do is set up a VPN on connection B so I need to configure this second dial-up on Cisco ASA. I cannot use connection A due to security reasons.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was able to get access using DMZ in one of the Linksys router. I could also set up the VPN connection on this second dial-up.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card