Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506 Firepower License

linlinoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have some issue on Cisco ASA firewpoer licensing. Cisco tell us like that " The Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services base configuration includes the AVC function by default. This feature provides application identification and control of more than 3000 applications, detected and classified by risk and business relevance. " Actually, Can we use AVC by default ? Do we need protection license ? What does mean Protection license ? 

BR,

Lin

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think that means you can see the applications - but you can create any access rules based on them or policies.

These are the licences you can order:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/datasheet-c78-733916.html

L-ASA5506-TAMC-3Y pretty much gives you everything, and is (or at least was) on a promo, making not worth buying the other options with less features.

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When you purchase ASA with FirePOWER bundle, Control license comes free (not Protection, Malware, or URL filtering). You cannot build access profile, but you do have visibility by running discovery i believe. You still need FMC to collect the data though.

Protection license gives you capability to do intrusion detection (IPS/IDS)

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card