Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506-X SourceFire Remote - Card closed command session

Luigi Celeste
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I've a new Cisco ASA 5506-X and I tried to configure the sourcefire services. I've did the first configuration, enabling the module by assigning an IP address by the "session sfr" command. After the questions prompted, the installation ends.

I tried then to connect via ASDM, but I cannot reach the module and received the error in attachment (I can manage the ASA via ASDM if I click "cancel"). trying to connecting again to the module via CLI (session sfr command), but I receive the following message and I cannot reach the module via CLI anymore:

System initialization in progress.  Please stand by.  
Applying 'Default Allow All Traffic' access control policy.
Remote card closed command session. Press any key to continue.
Command session with module sfr terminated.

The status of module results UP:

ciscoasa(config)# sh module

Mod  Card Type                                    Model              Serial No.
---- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------
   1 ASA 5506-X with SW, 8GE Data, 1GE Mgmt, AC   ASA5506            JAD200406C0
 sfr FirePOWER Services Software Module           ASA5506            JAD200406C0

Mod  MAC Address Range                 Hw Version   Fw Version   Sw Version     
---- --------------------------------- ------------ ------------ ---------------
   1 0035.1a69.ee8b to 0035.1a69.ee94  1.1          1.1.8        9.5(2)
 sfr 0035.1a69.ee8a to 0035.1a69.ee8a  N/A          N/A          5.4.1-211

Mod  SSM Application Name           Status           SSM Application Version
---- ------------------------------ ---------------- --------------------------
 sfr ASA FirePOWER                  Up               5.4.1-211

Mod  Status             Data Plane Status     Compatibility
---- ------------------ --------------------- -------------
   1 Up Sys             Not Applicable        
 sfr Up                 Up

And also I tried to reload the module with sw-module module sfr command.

The Management interface is UP, and it's connected on the LAN's ASA interface by a L2 switch.

ciscoasa# sh int ip br                 
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Virtual0                   127.1.0.1       YES unset  up                    up  
GigabitEthernet1/1         unassigned      YES DHCP   down                  down
GigabitEthernet1/2         192.168.1.1     YES CONFIG up                    up  
GigabitEthernet1/3         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet1/4         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet1/5         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet1/6         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet1/7         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet1/8         unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Internal-Control1/1        127.0.1.1       YES unset  up                    up  
Internal-Data1/1           unassigned      YES unset  up                    up  
Internal-Data1/2           unassigned      YES unset  up                    up  
Internal-Data1/3           unassigned      YES unset  up                    up  
Management1/1              unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

The IP address setted on the Management SFR interface is in the same network of the LAN address:

ciscoasa# sh module sfr details
Getting details from the Service Module, please wait...

Card Type:          FirePOWER Services Software Module
Model:              ASA5506
Hardware version:   N/A
Serial Number:      JAD200406C0
Firmware version:   N/A
Software version:   5.4.1-211
MAC Address Range:  0035.1a69.ee8a to 0035.1a69.ee8a
App. name:          ASA FirePOWER
App. Status:        Up
App. Status Desc:   Normal Operation
App. version:       5.4.1-211
Data Plane Status:  Up
Console session:    Ready
DC addr:            No DC Configured                                            
Mgmt IP addr:       192.168.1.10                                                
Mgmt Network mask:  255.255.255.0                                               
Mgmt Gateway:       192.168.1.1                                                 
Mgmt web ports:     443                                                         
Mgmt TLS enabled:   true

but it still unreachable.

Any suggestion?

Thank's in advance,

Luigi Celeste

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Reimage would resolve the issue , but I would recommend you opening up a TAC case and they can find out what exactly is the problem.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Not sure if you still have the same problem or its solved. Nevertheless , the error screenshot looks like there is no connectivity issue between the PC hosting ASDM and firepower.

How is ASA management interface connected to network ?

it should be connected to any L2 switch in the network so that Firepower (192.168.1.10) can communicate to its gateway 192.168.1.1 via that l2 switch and PC in that network can communicate to both firepower and ASA.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

yogesh

Pavel Glushkov
Level 1
Level 1

Same here.

ASA2# session sfr
Opening command session with module sfr.

Cisco Linux OS v5.4.1 (build 12)
Cisco ASA5516 v5.4.1 (build 211)

System initialization in progress. Please stand by.
Applying 'Default Allow All Traffic' access control policy.
Remote card closed command session. Press any key to continue.
Command session with module sfr terminated.

Hi,

Reimage would resolve the issue , but I would recommend you opening up a TAC case and they can find out what exactly is the problem.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Luigi Celeste
Level 1
Level 1

I had to reimage the SFR module and the issues has been solved.

Thank's everyone.

Luigi Celeste.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card