Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 Contract expired

syedfahadahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Cisco ASA 5510 contract expired we never registered since the purchase of ASA and didn't associate our ID. Can we renew contract so that we can associate with CCO ID and download latest ASA code? Do we have to purchase the contract or its free? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you cannot buy such a a support contract as far as I know.

You can purchase AnyConnect Essentials or Premium (and get an activation key) without a support contract.

In neither case is it a question of legality but rather Cisco's policies - which  you normally agree to as part of accepting the End User License Agreement (EULA).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A lapsed support contract (Smartnet is the Cisco term) can be purchased.

It's not free and is a term-based (i.e. 1 year, 2 year etc.) contract that can purchased via an authorized Cisco reseller. Make sure the reseller is authorized by checking the cisco.com website before you buy. There are various levels of support offered but the most common is 8x5xNBD - hardware replacement coverage with shipments initiated 8 hours per day 5 days per week and shipped via Next Business Day delivery.

Once you have purchased you can associate your CCO ID with the contract and will be entitled to TAC support for hardware and software as well as downloads of the ASA software. TAC software support is always 24x7.

Hello Marvin,

Could you please let me know, what if we want support only for software downloads? Is there any such contract? Also could you please let me know as our contract has expired can we purchase anyconnect license and activate it without a contract on our existing ASA 5510? Or is it illegal?

No, you cannot buy such a a support contract as far as I know.

You can purchase AnyConnect Essentials or Premium (and get an activation key) without a support contract.

In neither case is it a question of legality but rather Cisco's policies - which  you normally agree to as part of accepting the End User License Agreement (EULA).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card