cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA 5510 PROBLEM

antrikos_kal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people.Please can you help me?I erased disk0 and whenever i upload the ios after a reboot it doesn't boot while when the ios is uploaded works ok.Did i miss a command that i have to type to save it?show flash doesn't show the ios installed.

7 Replies 7

is the image being removed when you reboot the ASA?  Do you get to ROMMON on the reboot?  If you check flash (dir) in ROMMON before you upload a new OS image, do you see the OS image there?

have you tried adding the command boot system disk0:/<image name>  (replace <image name> with the actual name of the OS image as it appears in flash including .bin)

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

The image doesn't show up in show flash at all only some coredump etc when i upload the ios.

have you tried running a file system check on the ASA?  

fsck flash:

or

fsck disk0:

--

yes all ok.

It all happened when i erased disk0, it was working all ok before.

If disk0: is not able to retain files then there is a problem with it.  If fcsk disk0: does not help then I would suggest opening a support case with Cisco as this might be an RMA case.

--

οκ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card