Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco asa 5545 - show running-config

Jim Kerr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This is probably a really simple question ! - I have a Cisco 5545 which i'm accessing via the cli which is already fully configured.

I recently entered a 'command show running-config | b crypto' so I could take a look at specific crypto configuration which was fine.

However since then when trying to bring up the whole running configuration using 'show running-config' or 'show running-config all' it just brings up the crypto configuration.

If i'm specific and ask it to return other configuration eg show run int gi0/0 - then it returns the configuration so I know all the configuration is present.

I've tried rebooting the firewall but this hasn't resolved it.

Any ideas ?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the ASA Code here

how about below command :

show configuration

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

The show configuration command shows exactly the same results.

The code i'm running is the same as what we use elsewhere which is asa992-smp-k8.bin

this look strange behaviour, do you have any other client to SSH, and any other user to loging to ASA and check ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It could be that you accidentally configured a command-alias that alters the output.

Do a "show run command-alias" and if there is something, delete the lines and try again.

Hi i've tried the 'show run command-alias' and there is nothing present in the config.

Another idea: Try a different SSH-client. Perhaps the actual client has some command-substitution configured.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card