Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA cannot ping to external dmz hiosted address

manuscript1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Having a problem where I cannot get icmp working from internal to external addresses that are hosted in my DMZ ( see atatched diagram )

Essentially my nat rules look right as the system actually works to a point . However if I allow a rule on the inside interface  to allow internal to ping the external IP address ( 8.x.x.4 in my diagram ) I see the outgoing packet in monitor logging being accepted . However even if i add an inside rule  to  allow 8.x.x.4 to  the internal  systems (10.7.x.x) in my diagram on the inside interface it fails.

Accept I am making this ping go around the houses but the telephone system has to use its real address between teh inside and DMZ

Help :))))

1 Reply 1

Terence Payet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Traffic is allowed from higher security to lower security. So if your interfaces are setup correctly then double check if icmp inspection enable on your ASA.

If yes, kindly share your config and remove all real ip address and password from the config.

HTH.

Please rate helpful post.

Regards,

Terence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card