Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Firewall Liecence

paul dungey
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I currenty have a Cisco ASA 5510 with a SSM-10 card installed but have no IOS image on the Internal flash card,

How do i obtain the latest IOS and how do i go about obtaing the liecence for th SSM-10 card.

Regards

Paul

5 Replies 5

craig bache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just looking at your request, to download any images you would a valid contract, be it smartnet or via a Cisco partner,

For the licensing of the IPS please see the following link:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/243479

I have also added the getting started guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5729/ps5713/ps4077/guide_c07-464689_ps6120_Products_White_Paper.html

Regards Craig

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Craig,

If the orginal IOS was reinstalled from cisco would this require reactivating? and what would the cost be,

so if im thinking right here, the SSM-10 liecence is only visable when the IOS is reinstalled is that correct? if so is the liecence from the origianl customer transferable to the new customer or would the new customer require a new liecence, just need to clarify this.

regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

yes if you have a backup of the ASA code then this could be loaded on the flash, I am not to sure what you mean be reactivating as the licenses that were there before should be there once the software is back on and running (ASA). With regards to the SSM-10, you will only be able to see this card once the ASA is booted up and running. Are you able to explain the transfer part of your post?

Regards Craig

Hi Craig,

Let's Say Customer A" buys the SSM-10 brand new from Cisco, then decided to sell the ASA firewall a few months later, would the liecence be valid on the SSM-10 when Customer "B" buys the unit from Customer "A" ?

Regards

Paul

The license is associated with the serial number of the firewall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: