Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA HA

mahmoudyosry92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 2 questions on ASA HA:

1- when fail-over happens in Cisco  ASA HA  , does the ip addresss of interfaces on primary unit goes to secondary unit???

2- if i will configure ospf on ASA with router , which ip address (primary or secondary ) should i configure on router to establish OSPF neighbourship with ASA??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

When an ASA is configured in HA (Active/Standby), upon failover the Standby ASA inherits the IP addressing from the Primary ASA.

A OSPF adjacency is only established with the current Active ASA, there would be no adjacency with the Standby ASA - until failover occurs.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

When an ASA is configured in HA (Active/Standby), upon failover the Standby ASA inherits the IP addressing from the Primary ASA.

A OSPF adjacency is only established with the current Active ASA, there would be no adjacency with the Standby ASA - until failover occurs.

HTH

thank you for your reply , so that means the standby gets the ip address of primary device and the primary gets the ip address of standby device when fail-over happens.

The Primary-Standby will get data interface addresses of the former Secondary-Standby after failover if the interface configurations had standby addresses configured. However those are not required, so the behavior depends on how you had it configured.

Any configured management address will remain associated with a given physical appliance, no matter the HA status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: