Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA - RAVPN IPSEC not working

Hello Guys, @balaji.bandi  @Marvin Rhoads  @Rob Ingram @Scott Fella  @Vikas Saxena  @nkarthikeyan 

I configured the RAVPN ikev1 IPsec using an old client on the firewall but it's not working. I tried the same configuration and it works fine.

I get the following error message.
Secure VPN Connection terminated by Peer.
Reason 433. (Reason not specified by peer)

It happens when it accepts user password and start negotiating security policies.

It looks like some policy is interfering with it but I do not know which commands I should run to find out the conflicting policy/ACLs.

Thanks,

18 Replies 18

Aug 27 15:57:09 [IKEv1]Group = Test12345, Username = lsingh, IP = 99.250.11.11, Cannot obtain an IP address for remote peer

this error jumps out at me, do you have an IP address pool configured correctly?

I tried changing pool but still same logs. its not pool.

You've not provided the full configuration for the non-working ASA, please provide the current full configuration after you've made the changing the pool.

Run the debugs again, connect to the VPN and provide the output

What is the name of the tunnel-group you are connecting to?

Hello @Rob Ingram 

I find that IP assignment was not enabled for Internal and DHCP, I enabled it and it worked after that.

Thanks alot man !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card