Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA Remote access VPN Issue

Hello All,

I have the following set up running in one of our customer sites.

Internal Network ---------- ASA Inside ( Private IP )--------ASA Outside(Private IP)------- Cisco Router interface 1(Private IP)------- Cisco router Interface 2(Public IP) ------- ISP Internet Connection

The clients need to get internet access with this set up and I am doing natting both on the ASA and on the internet facing router. The client IP addresses are first natted to the ASA outside interface IP and then this IP gets natted from the cisco router to the Public IP . This set up works fine for me. I have a requirement to configure remote access VPN for some clients which I did on the internet facing router. The clients are able to connect and get the IP from the VPN pool which I defined on the router. But the vpn users are not able to access the internal network and I can ping till the cisco router private interface but not after that. Please advise if I have to do some specific configuration on the ASA to fix issue.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, your remote access clients are coming in from the ASA "outside" interface. By default traffic is not allowed to be initiated from outside to inside. You would need an access-list on the ASA outside interface to allow the incoming connections from your remote access VPN pool to your internal network network addresses.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card