cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM - Allow Ports

hemslojd08
Level 1
Level 1

We recently entered into a contract with a new payment processor.  The credit card machine communicated via telephone line or Internet.  We have a Cisco ASA 5505 security appliance.  Using the Cisco ASDM control interface, I would like to set up permission for two specific ports, one outgoing and one incoming, specified by the payment processor.  I am unsure as to how to configure the rules or exceptions for the two ports.  I have made several attempts but the device still reports a communications error.  If I bypass the ASA box, the device has no issue communicating with the payment processing service.  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Anderson,

My name is Diego and I am part of the Small business Support community. I have seen your  post and would like to help you with information that might be helpful on your case. On the next link you will find the Configuration guide for Firmware and port assignation using the Cisco ASDM control interface. In relation to your question, please check the section called Configuring Firewall and Security Context Modes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/asdm64/configuration_guide/access_idfw.html

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card