cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM IDM Launcher is not working

Umar Ali Malik
Level 1
Level 1

My Cisco ASDM has stopped working and I have no idea about this. When I try to open it it gives me following error 

C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe 

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have tried everything which I could, I am unable to find any solution over the internet. Please help me to solve this.  

UmarAliMalik_0-1716549917324.png

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Remove (Uninstall) and re-install the ASDM program , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi, 

I have tried that as well. But not luck. :(. This is causing me frustrated. 

- Then you have some fatal os corruption. Re-install your PC completely,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

if you go to the folder where ASDM is installed and run the run.bat file there, does ASDM open correctly?  If yes, then it is the path of the shortcut which is not correct. Update the path to the run.bat file in the shortcut and you should be good (you need admin privileges for this).

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card