Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM Realtime Logging

marshyrob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

A very simple question i think.  Can i vew traffic in the realtime  viewer in ASDM 6.1 for just a specific port?  Im trying to see traffic  on port 25 but i dont know the filter i need to put in.  If i put 25 in  there i get too much info with anything including the number 25 etc.  If  i put TCP 25 i see nothing.  Also tried SMTP and nothing.

Sorry  for such a basic question, hope someone can help.

Thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob,

You can use some basic regex to help clean up the output. Try this:

/25[^0-9]

This will match things like /25) or /25, but not anything that has another number after the /25, such as /2500.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you try "/25" instead of "25" and see if that helps?

Regards,

NT

Hi NT

Thanks for the reply.

That seems to produce better results in that it shows only ports that includes 25 in them, so its better but i just want to see SMTP so only port 25.

There are still a lot of logs going through that have the number 25 in the port and its hard to spot the ones that are only port 25.  But if this is the best im gonna get then its better than what i had before.

Thanks for your time

Rob

Hi Rob,

You can use some basic regex to help clean up the output. Try this:

/25[^0-9]

This will match things like /25) or /25, but not anything that has another number after the /25, such as /2500.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Excellent thats produced the results i wanted, thanks very much Mike thats perfect!

Also thanks to NT for contributing his part!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card