Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 2130 License

mautez_mah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

can I know all  Licenses available for Cisco Firepower 2130 , with Smart Net support

as it is good for small business ? or do u prefer other one 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please refer to this link (Table 1) for the subscription licenses types, on top of those there is AnyConnect license as well:

FTD_Licenses.jpg

Firepower Management Center Configuration Guide, Version 6.0 - Licensing the Firepower System [Cisco Firepower Management Center] - Cisco

The 2130s are solid devices, I've been working for a few mid-sized customer and never saw any issue with them, however, for a small-sized business you might want to go with a lower model, please take a look at this link (Table 1) to compare the different models:

Cisco Firepower 2100 Series Data Sheet - Cisco

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Please refer to this link (Table 1) for the subscription licenses types, on top of those there is AnyConnect license as well:

FTD_Licenses.jpg

Firepower Management Center Configuration Guide, Version 6.0 - Licensing the Firepower System [Cisco Firepower Management Center] - Cisco

The 2130s are solid devices, I've been working for a few mid-sized customer and never saw any issue with them, however, for a small-sized business you might want to go with a lower model, please take a look at this link (Table 1) to compare the different models:

Cisco Firepower 2100 Series Data Sheet - Cisco

@Aref Alsouqi Thanks 
what is anyconnect license is it related to SSL-VPN ,
and is Support included in table  

You are welcome. I think AnyConnect licenses come in two flavours, the Plus and the Apex, the Apex would include and support more features. Regarding the support, I don't believe that is included in the licenses, but I would suggest you talk to a Cisco representative to explore all the options.

@mautez_mah further to what @Aref Alsouqi stated, for FTD you can purchase Apex, Plus or VPN only licenses. Unlike with the ASA software you do not get 2 free connection licenses, you must have an active AnyConnect Remote Access VPN license. The minimum quantity AnyConnect license you can purchase is 25.

Further information on licensing and a break down on the features available:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.html

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can I know all  Licenses available for Cisco Firepower 2130 , with Smart Net support

This FP is NextGen FW, you get most of the Features like FW + IPS

as it is good for small business ? or do u prefer other one 

small business - depends on the requirement and what kind of traffic and feature you looking for small business (this is based on the business requirement)

I have experienced some places small means their requirements are also big in terms of traffic and features.

there is a small FP 1130 or 1140 - i would suggest comparing based on the features.

https://blog.router-switch.com/2019/09/cisco-firepower-series-comparison-firepower-1000-vs-2100-vs-4100/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

MaErre21325
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i bought 2 new 2130 but i can't understand if they come with anyconnect licenses, where can i see them?

i can't find this info in documentation.

thank you

AnyConnect (now known as Cisco Secure Client) licenses are always purchased separately. When purchased, they would be deposited in your organization's Cisco Smart Account, usually as PAKs witch can be converted to Smart licenses at the time of this writing. You should get an eDelivery notice when the sales order is processed by Cisco to redeem the PAKs. You can see them when you login at software.cisco.com.

Thank you Marvin, now i have these licenses attached to my ASA, is it possibile to migrate them in order to be used on the Firepower or  a new purchase is needed?

thank you

Yes, assuming the current AnyConnect licenses are Plus or Apex type and have a current support contract, you can request TAC share the PAKs as Smart licenses and then generate a token to associate them with the FTD device(s). AnyConnect 4.x and Secure client 5.x licenses are per unique user and can be used on multiple firewalls as long as you don't exceed the licensed number of unique users.

The exception is the rare VPN Only license type which is limited to a single device (or HA pair).

ok, currently i have the premium type.

i'll open a request to the tac, thank you for your support Marvin!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card