cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Chassis 2110 with Virtual ASA - Syslog Query

RG78874
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, This is my first post, I have a Cisco Firepower Chassis 2110 with Virtual ASA running on it. I am trying to only get the Syslog or realtime logging for any users logging in directly to the Cisco Firepower Chassis 2110. 

Can someone help with this, I have a Solarwinds Syslog viewer but I cannot seem to get realtime syslogs from the Cisco Firepower Chassis.

The version of the Firepower is 9.14(1)10. On the Firepower GUI I do not get many options at all, it is very limited.

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do platform setting for the Syslog server config :  ( on the Syslog server you can generate event-based email )

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/fxos/config/asa-2100-fxos-config/fcm.html#task_ijj_fgt_51b

other references:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/syslog/213992-configure-syslog-on-firepower-fxos-appli.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

can I do it without emails, for instance use a syslog viewer or solarwinds.

I only want to capture the syslog log of the Cisco Firepower Chassi 2110 for instance, users logging in, failures and so on.

yes, the logs will ship to your Syslog server, later you can do whatever you want on that logs.

BB

ok thanks, I do not have those options on my GUI, I do not have "remote destinations". I will try take a screen shot and show you my options, but there isn't many.

This is all I see on the GUI Firepower Chassis Manager, the link you provided has "Remote Destinations" and I do not have this and the other options in other screen shots. I have attached what I see.

Syslog remote destinations for the Firepower 2100 series chassis are not supported. As noted in the configuration guide, "You can send syslog messages to the Firepower 2100 console, SSH session, or a local file. "

The link that showed remote destinations was a guide specific to the 4100 and 9300 series.

How can I view the messages with this version, what command or file do I need to view the logs?

If there is a file stored in the root disk0 directory that I can view that would be more useful.

I'm completely new to working this way with the Firepower's.

Hi any updates on how I can view logs for the Firepower 2110 - for example finding out how to see any changes, logins, failed login attempts made using a GUI on the Firepower?

Which log file to locate?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the FXOS here ?

BB

I have ran the following Command - show version

Version: 2.8(1.108)

Startup-version: 2.8(1.108)

May be this feature not available on FPR 21XX i guess here

look at the document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/syslog/213992-configure-syslog-on-firepower-fxos-appli.html

BB

stephan.ochs
Level 1
Level 1

With version cisco-asa-fp2k.9.8.2.SPA (delivery version with FXOS 2.2.2.52) it is possible to configure FXOS SYSLog to remote hosts via GUI.
And it works. SYSLogs are sent and I have them at my SYSLog-Server.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/de_de/support/docs/ip/syslog/213992-configure-syslog-on-firepower-fxos-appli.html#anc13

(German version. Don't know whether also in english version. Didn't search for it.)

CLI was not possible.

/monitoring # enable syslog source 
 audits Send audits
 events Send events
 faults Send faults

After upgrading the Firepower the to cisco-asa-fp2k.9.12.3.12.SPA (with FXOS 2.6.1.198) the page in the GUI was gone.

In CLI still not possible.

Now I have the following situation:

Those I configured SYSLog with 9.8 before upgrading are sending SYSLogs, the others I upgraded before configuring SYSLog are not and it is not possible to configure it.

In my opinion it is a bug in FXOS GUI since 9.12 (or any after 9.8.2).

I will open up a ticket... 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card