Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower FMC taking time to Deploy task on Cisco FTD Cluster 4110

Ismael10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I use two pairs of Cisco Firepower 4110 in Cluster and a pair of FMC (physical appliance - Cisco Firepower Management Center 1000 version 6.2.3build 83) for all of our Cisco Firewall.
When deploying task (a single route for example), It takes a lot of minutes to apply the deployment, so very hard to use the device when tshoot the issue.
Does someone encounter this kind of issue?
thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

AndreaTornaghi
Level 1
Level 1
Dear, from my experience, with different platform of FTD, it is a normal behavior.
Every deploy takes many times, from 3 minutes to 7/8 minutes. I don't think that there is a way for reducing the deploy time.

Hi,

You should consider upgrading to 6.4.0.4 (current recommended version) .There are improvements for faster deployments amongst other things in 6.4.

6.4 release notes here, look at the performance section.

HTH

Hi, I have tried the new image 6.4.0.4 for deploying on 2110 and 1010 and from my point of view every deploy takes from 3 minutes to 7 minutes.

Every new major release has improved deployment times. 6.5 further improves the time.

That said, they are never instantaneous. An HA pair especially will always take a couple of minutes.

Thank you all for your response.

I will check the migration matrix to go for FMC 6.5. Below, my FTD devices version (I can't upgrade my FTD at this time):FTD4110-version.PNG

Thanks!

If you do plan on upgrading, beware 6.5 is relatively new (potential for bugs) and 6.4.0.4 is the current cisco recommended version. 6.5 is also a short-term release, where as 6.4 is a long-term release, bear that in mind if you plan on upgrading.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card