Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firewall FPR 1120 Not allowing outside traffic to Exchange & Web Servers

easydee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community

I have configured the above firewall using Firepower Device Manager , i am a bit new to this GUI interface, and i am having issues with the access control. I have set up all my objects with their appropriate IP addresses and have also configured NAT.

The initial configuration just allowed may inside client machines to access internet , but connections from the outside can't reach my web server and exchange server (hence i can't get emails and access to the web). even though the site ,object ,ports were properly set up. I only got some hits on the rules when i added the   https://www.mywebsite.com  and Https://webmail.mysite.com (for the mail) under the URL tab.

My problem now is that even though i can send emails from inside , receiving emails is still a challenge. 

Now 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It looks like your web server is using the outside interface for static NAT while "any" inside uses the same interface for dynamic NAT. That needs to change - use a unique address for the web server otherwise the xlate tables will be ambiguous.

View solution in original post

Thank you Marvin, that worked. I have also remove the url links and the inbound traffic is now flowing as intended 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,
Please can you provide a screenshot of your nat rules (either from the GUI or from the CLI). Can you also run packet-tracer and upload the output for review.

I have attached the screnshots of the GUI NAT and Access Control. The red circle is the urls that i had to put in to allow inbound traffic. Just to let you know , i tried with the flexiconfig to put in the extended access-list but as well they were not getting any hits. I will try to run the packet tracer off working hours, currently i have another firewall on the network that i want to retire. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally we allow the inbound traffic by using destination IP address, not by destination URL. If you use URL, one must pay careful attention to the interaction of DNS with the lookup feature.

The destination IP addresses are there , the only problem is the Access rule is not getting hits with only IP addresses 

It looks like your web server is using the outside interface for static NAT while "any" inside uses the same interface for dynamic NAT. That needs to change - use a unique address for the web server otherwise the xlate tables will be ambiguous.

Thank you, will configure that and will let you know the results

Thank you Marvin, that worked. I have also remove the url links and the inbound traffic is now flowing as intended 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card