Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ForePower 2130 Firmware is not getting upgraded

Muhammadnawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

please support to get this issue resolve. I have Firepower 2130 and trying to upgrade the firmware of the device from (6.3.0.4-44) to (6.3.5 or 6.4.0). however when I choose the firmware file and click on install button device completed its procedure normally after completion time. I reboot the firepower after completion of the process but firepower dose not come up with upgraded version of 6.4.0 or 6.3.5 and remain like 6.3.0.4-44. anyone know about this ? please support if something is missing there. 

Muhammadnawaz_0-1679465247636.png

Muhammadnawaz_1-1679465298663.png

Thank you so much for the support. 

Regards,

Nawaz

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see from the screenshot that your rule update is 2018-08-23. That is over 4-1/2 years. I have seen such old Snort rules cause an upgrade to fail. So, first, try updating your Snort rules to the current release.

You can also check the details of why an upgrade failed from the cli. You will need to login via ssh and then change to expert mode. All upgrades create a folder under /var/log/sf (or /ngfw/log/sf  depending on the hardware and version). Look in the folder that is named the same as your upgrade version and you should find a status.log file with the low level details of what happened and the step on which the upgrade failed.

Hi Marvin,

thanks for your comments, issue was resolved when I tried to upgrade the firmware via cli.  it was creating issue with gui later I tried to upgrade the the firmware in command line. 

thanks for your comment appreciated. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card