cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FPR-4140-NGFW-K9 Module details required.

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi All,

I am looking for a few more details regarding the Cisco FPR-4140-NGFW device, which I cannot explicitly find in the hardware guides. The documentation says that apart from 8-fixed 1G/10G SFP ports, there are 2 network modules as well.

I wanted to know if we do get these network modules in the device package or they need to be ordered separately. One of my customers has procured the devices from previous vendor, all I can see in the BoM is FPR-4140-NGFW-k9 and no modules. Do they come built-in the device?

If I need to use one port as a 1G copper, what would be my options? Get another 1G copper SFP ?

Regards,

Varun Rao

Thanks,
Varun Rao
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The network modules in slots 2 and 3 are optional and must be purchased separately.

The 8 fixed SFP+ interfaces in the built-in module 1 can be used with either 1 Gbps SFP transceivers or 10 Gbps SFP+ transceivers. For instance, the commonly-used Cisco GLC-TE copper transceiver works fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The network modules in slots 2 and 3 are optional and must be purchased separately.

The 8 fixed SFP+ interfaces in the built-in module 1 can be used with either 1 Gbps SFP transceivers or 10 Gbps SFP+ transceivers. For instance, the commonly-used Cisco GLC-TE copper transceiver works fine.

Thanks for your response Marv,

Hope you doing well in these tough times.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card