Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO FTD 1140 deployment error

Hello there, 

I have recently add Cisco FTD 1140 software version 7.0.1 running on the FMC, Initially I have deployed this FTD on the FMC through management interface, later I have changed mgmt interface(for FMC access) to outside public IP address, since then I have this error (deployment failed due to failure in retrieving running configuration information from the device. Please check the connectivity with device and retry deployment). But I can ping from FTD to FMC IP address, can anyone please help me to resolve this issue, Thanks a million in advance. 
Kind Regards,

Veera

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The FTD doesn't really care if the FMC IP is public or private as long as there is reachability between them on sftunnel port 8305/tcp. However, when you change the FMC IP the FTD wouldn't auto-adjust its manager IP which is basically the FMC management port IP. After you change the FMC management IP you should go through these steps to reconnect the FTD to the FMC on the new port:

- On FMC, go to Device tab, and move the Management toggle button to the left to disable

- On FTD CLI issue the command "configure manager delete"

- On FTD CLI issue the command "configure manager add < the new FMC IP > < password >

- Go back to FMC Device tab and move the Management toggle button to enable

- On FMC, deploy to synch up the FTD with the FMC

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alan Inman
Level 1
Level 1

If I'm following correctly you initially configured the FTD on the same network as the FMC. Then you changed the FMC management interface to reflect the outside IP address of the FTD as it got moved offsite? 

Thank you for your reply. I have delete manager in ftd then i have added the manager again, it worked.

The FTD doesn't really care if the FMC IP is public or private as long as there is reachability between them on sftunnel port 8305/tcp. However, when you change the FMC IP the FTD wouldn't auto-adjust its manager IP which is basically the FMC management port IP. After you change the FMC management IP you should go through these steps to reconnect the FTD to the FMC on the new port:

- On FMC, go to Device tab, and move the Management toggle button to the left to disable

- On FTD CLI issue the command "configure manager delete"

- On FTD CLI issue the command "configure manager add < the new FMC IP > < password >

- Go back to FMC Device tab and move the Management toggle button to enable

- On FMC, deploy to synch up the FTD with the FMC

You welcome!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card